Thursday, August 27, 2026

Novel Outline

 It feels like the first time in forever that I’ve written a normal ass blog post, since I’ve been writing fan fiction instead, but to be honest, that’s a good thing. The goal of this blog was just to get myself writing everyday and hopefully expand into bigger projects over time, and that is what is happening. In the spirit of that, a few days ago I stopped a Wheel of Time episode to start outlining a novel, and so here, I’m gonna rewrite and expand that outline so maybe I can actually start writing it. I have another novel like half done, but I am less inspired by that and need to do some major rewrites, and again, I’m just trying to build up to things, so writing another outline is still worthwhile work.

Chapter by Chapter Breakdown

1) Olm boy finds and bonds with dragon. Perspective, Olm Boy

2) Termite girl finds out about the interior of her world and meets/befriends olm boy. Perspective, Termite Girl

3) Psychic human child born in fascist human spider land is kidnapped by psychics and brought to pig island. Perspective, psychic child

4) Platypus girl is found and raised by metallic dwarf. Perspective, platypus girl.

5) Olm boy and termite girl meet fascist humans from spider land as her homeland gets caught in its web. Perspective, olm boy.

6) Olm boy and termite girl decide to leave their homeland to explore the giant spider. Perspective, termite girl.

7) Psychic child has a difficult time adjusting to psychic school. Perspective, psychic child.

8) Platypus girl invents glasses that let her see, uses them to convicne her father to go on his next trading trip for giant spider land. Perspective, platypus girl.

9) Olm boy and termite girl meet platypus girl, the three of them explore the city together. Perspective, olm boy.

10) Termite girl sees beautiful human women, is inspired by them, and transforms her body into a humanoid form. Perspective, termite girl.

11) Psychic child learns that the fascist spider has caught a new world to consume, is chosen or volunteers for mission to free it. perspective, psychic child

12) Platypus girl decides to help Olm boy by adapting her glasses to his eyes, allowing him to see like a normal humanoid. She builds them. Perspective, platypus girl

13) Olm boy finds menagerie, is fascinated, accepts job from half elf mengele to collect specimens from his homeworld. Perspective, olm boy.

14) Termite girl accepts an invite from half elf mengele to attend a fancy ball, is gawked at and inspected. Perspective, termite girl.

15) Psychic child meets olm boy during mission, tries to convince him the humans are not to be trusted, fails. Perspective, psychic child.

16) Platypus girl meets Olm Boy after he returns from his mission, presents glasses, he loves them, discuss humans, Perspective, playpus girl.

17) Olm boy brings specimens to half elf mengele, gets creepy vibes, but agrees to lead a larger team of humans to harvest more samples from isopod. Perspective, olm boy.

18) Termite girl is brought by mengele in front of the fascist leaders, who order mengele to study her. She is trapped. Perspective, termite girl.

19) Psychic child clashes with fascists in attempt to sever the web and free the isopod, ends up captured. Perspective, psychic child.

20) Platypus girl is asked by olm boy to accompany him on mission, she agrees, she witnesses the humans mistreating things when olm is not looking. Perspective, platypus girl.

21) Olm boy is convinced by platypus girl to not trust the humans, they fight the humans on the mission and win. Perspective, olm boy.

22) termite girl and psychic child meet in jail, bond, devise a plan to escape. Perspective, termite girl.

23) Termite girl and psychic child execute escape plan, succeed. Perspective psychic child.

24) Platypus girl and olm boy try to return to fascist land to confront fascists, find a pitched battle on the web between psychics and fascists to free the isopod, fight in it. Perspective, platypus girl.

25) Olm boy and playpus girl succeed in the fight, but the isopod is still caught, and they are unable to free it. Perspective, olm boy.

26) Termite girl and psychic child find and beat mengele. Perspective, termite girl.

27) Psychic child and termite girl meet up with fight on spider web, try to help sever the web.

28) Platypus girl devises a solution to break the web that utilizes everyone’s talents, web is severed and isopod is freed. Perspective, platypus girl.

29) Epilogues?

That feels like a reasonable plan. I know this is kind of context free so might be hard to follow, I have a lot of lore going unmentioned here already planned out, this is me now organizing those lore thoughts into a coherent plot that is actionable, i.e., I could start writing this tomorrow now. Maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Wheel of Time Through Season 2

 So I’m feeling a little uninspired, and in particular before I can dive in on my novel I think I might need to figure out how my True Speak...