So I love the podcast SciShow Tangents. I used to hate podcasts for the sole reason I thought the name sounded dumb, and I wasn’t really sure what they were. Fast forward nearly twenty years, and I listened to my first podcast, which is SciShow Tangents, and discover they are basically just radio shows on the internet. SciShow Tangents was created by Complexly, who also makes SciShow, and is hosted by Hank Green, Sam Schultz, Ceri Riley, and for the first two seasons Stefan Chin. Most episodes consists of a Quiz Round where they play a game, which initially was almost always Truth or Fail, where one host tells three science facts, but two of them are lies and one is true, and the other hosts have to figure out which is which, and hen a second round called Fact Off where two hosts each take turns describing the best fact they can find relevant to the topic of the week and the other guests then judge whose fact was better. Anyway, its cancelled now, but I still listen to reruns nightly to fall asleep. It has really cozy vibes and I like learning fun facts.
But on the episode about Tails, it is mentioned that scorpion tails are not technically tails, but telsons, and that they actually poop from the end of their tail. Since their tail is quite flexible and moveable, this means they can poop on their own head if they want to. Hank then poses a question, which is, if you could poop on your own head, would you, and then ends up running a poll to that effect. I forget exactly what answers were on the poll and what weren’t, but the long and the short is most people are not interested in pooping on their own heads, but might do so just once.
But I think this poll needs more information. For instance, if I just now grew a tail and could poop out the end, would I poop on my own head? No, not even once. I know it’s gonna be disgusting. Why would I? There is no great mystery. I could recreate it right now by pooping into my hand and rubbing it on my head. But if I was born with a tail, I am sure I would have pooped on my own head several times as a kid before I figured out how to avoid doing so. And I suspect there is an age where it you gave me a tail I’d be young enough to legitimately wonder what it would be like and try it once on purpose. But now? No. That has no mysteries for me.
There. That was the post.
No comments:
Post a Comment